Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stare on Earth



Yesterday the class quite bored me. It's an evening class too that I feel tried and asleep. After finishing the class around 9.40PM, I went to my office, took my stuffs, and went back home. While walking to bus stop, I found an under-construction site. It's quite nearby my office, and absolutely hosted in my campus. The front side has a big poster that has the message "Home of the Earth Observatory of Singapore". WOW! How it's interesting. So I looked for the information about the so-call "Home". Its website is http://www.eos-singapore.org/. So this home is the Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS). Its goal is to understand & address most serious environmental treats. The main areas of research are tectonic, volcanic, and climatic. This home would help Singapore and South East Asia countries (including my homeland, Thailand) anticipate and adapt to the treats. Great! we could know when disasters will happen and how we can protect ourselves from them.

No comments: